Re: Greg's bow fitting and sails and stuff.

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Greg's bow fitting and sails and stuff.
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:07:12 -0400
Thanks Bill, Well you are right it's a pain to make them. There are more than 8
steps and must be delayed in between each. I'm sure not making anything for the
NYC Skiff League on these either and our crash boat target still looks a long
way off. However, I'm  sure I can make another batch when they run out (soon).
I plan to alter the Jig though to make fabrication smoother, you wont notice
any difference but they will be even stronger and importantly more consistent
in wall thickness. Since I'll have the Anodizing line working for these
forestay parts (the 6061-T6 Virtual Block) I could also make some mast steps
during the same anodizing effort. These alloy parts will be wanting when VMG
bow out of the picture. BTW: Bram and I are working on a CNC milled, anodized,
mast head crane of an exciting design that incorporates a custom pivot block
for the spinn halyard. If you thunk the forestay fitting is good, wait till you
see these beauties. As we say, curl-the-mo. The blades made with the NYC skiffs
cores are coming out surprising light. Bram says he went to pick up Rogers new
blade and nearly threw it, it was so unexpectedly light. Lets see how they
perform this week at the select persons training camp ;-). Let me know also if
you have a secret section shape for your blades (or a series for
experimentation) that you want to make as a "custom blank", my discretion is
assured ;-). Prices will depend on cut complexity only i.e. number of pieces.
Greg