Re: Greg's bow fitting and sails and stuff.

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Greg's bow fitting and sails and stuff.
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:25:02 -0400
Yes that's correct, VMG are shutting down Swift production and winding up at
the end of September. This is a sad loss to the class and also a blow to Pat
and Anita who have been great colleagues and helped get the class up an
running by investing a huge amount of their professional and personal time
and effort. We hope to see them at the spring Regatta in Florida to catch up
on the news of their travels. They are taking a much needed sabbatical
before starting their new venture, probably in a warmer climate.
As I mentioned in my notes on the last post, the BMG skiffs CNC cut sections
are the GREATEST value and will virtually assure that your boat is fair (if
you have a straight line to set up your strongbacks). Making these is a
chore. They are also cheap for what they are. If you are reading this and
considering making a boat, maybe you should get a set of these NOW. Its not
much of a risk, if you decide not to make the boat then sell them to a
Swifty later. Apart from the CNC parts that Pat was making we will be able
to pick up the slack with the other sundry parts. I also hear Roger
www.aquiloboats.com is setting up a CNC mill, so maybe we will have full
capability from our Canadian supplier.

Expect some pictures of hull #1, #2 and Rogers boat (I don't know its name
or ensign yet, but its sail number is CAN048).
Happy New Years sanding
Greg