Re: Florida Regatta

To: Christian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Florida Regatta
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:30:19 EST

In a message dated 12/17/2004 5:46:55 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Christian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

This  looks great. I looked at the online reservation. Is there a specific
area we  should try and reserve in, or does
it not matter.?

Christian

Christian,

I cc'd this to the list server because I think everyone will be asking this
question.

All of the sites are really good.  If you have a dog, you'll need to  use a
site on the road immediately to the left as you enter  86-138  (134-138 are
really good).  We will not be able to get too many sites  together so take a
look
at the map and decide.  Jane and I took 43. (43 is  not a site that allows
dogs--there is a "dog beach"--likely the beach we'll be  sailing from).  The
reality is that we'll be spending our days and doing  most of our cooking on
the
outer beaches (except breakfast)  Those  beaches are near the "Bay Pier" and
"Gulf Pier"--depending on the  wind.  We'll have our gatherings at the outer
beaches and our group  cookouts there as well.  By looking at the map of the
entire island, you  can see that we'll be on one side of the point or the other
near the Fort  and museum.  Most likely we'll be set up permanently near the
"PAW  Playground" just SW of the Bay Pier.  Remember, this is all open beach
with  no buildings or houses and you'll feel a bit cheated if you don't either
bring a bike or rent one.

Don't let this place confuse you.  The campsite area is V shaped with  the V
pointing NE while the entire island is V shaped with the V pointing  SE.

My van trailer will serve as headquarters at the beach.  Jane and  I may have
to sleep in it as we'll likely be staying with the boats at  night.  I'm not
particularly worried about vandalism, however, this is  simply too many
expensive boats to leave unguarded at night.

To anyone who is tempted to stay in a motel---don't.  The cheapest are  about
$125 per night and you'll regret the decision in a big way.  This  place is
simply too awesome to want to leave.