Re: Florida Regatta

To: WFS03@xxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Florida Regatta
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:56:28 EST

In a message dated 12/17/2004 6:46:58 AM Pacific Standard Time, WFS03  writes:

Bram,
I am familiar  with the memory thing, as my greying temples mean that I
remember in perfect  detail the occasion 25 years ago of sailing in a 14' dory
against the outgoing  tide between a couple of islands in Fort DeSoto Park, but
can't keep my  schedule straight for tomorrow.  I am glad that the venue will
fill our  needs, as it is a beautiful facility.  My father-in-law is an active
member of the Pass-A-Grille Yacht Club in St. Pete Beach and assists with the
club's sailing school.  I will call him regarding a possible contact at  the
club.

I look forward to seeing 25+ Solo's on a broad reach with the  Skyway Bridge
in the background....

Bill Scheumann
USA020 and  USA040

Bill,

It was you!!.  Geez, we owe you a lot.  I hope you don't mind me  posting
your mail to the server (I know that you are too humble to).  We  traveled from
Punta Gorda to Stuart before coming back to look at Fort  Desoto (It was dark
when we got to ST Pete so we went south and east first for  several days).  On
a scale of 1 to 10, Stuart was a 2,  Sarasota was a 3, Punta Gorda was a 2.
and Fort Desoto is a 20.   I'm not only really excited about this place for
this
year, but for every  year.  You know you've found the right place when your
wife can hardly  wait for the regatta.

I'm almost ashamed to ask for further help, but if you would contact your
father in law it could really help.  I'll be bringing one rescue boat  and
we'll
likely have volunteers with enough experience to drive it (we'll  have a
short rescue session for both sailors and  volunteers)  The things we could use
are some race personnel and  committee boat for the last three days and another
rental inflatable for the  entire time.  Perhaps he could tell use where we
could rent such a  craft.

I will bring marks and anchors that will work fine.

Also, if any of our people who are not coming with a boat have race
committee experience and would like to help, please let me know

Thanks again Bill,