other ballot issues

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: other ballot issues
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:32:53 EDT
With the nominations on class officers about to close, we need to include
any other items that require a vote on this ballot.

Motions for changes in the class rules should be posted on this mailing  list
right away.

There has been some discussion regarding our current  wording with respect to
rudders and also a question has been  raised regarding stainless rod rigging
and if it should be prohibited or perhaps  a rule only permitting "soft"
standing rigging--meaning what nearly  all of us are using.

It is my opinion that some discussion is in order regarding rudders because
we've now pretty much dried up the supply of 49er rudders and are finding that
 we can make and / or buy much lighter and better rudders from  Roger (these
use the foam core developed by Greg).  I believe  that Roger sells both the
completed rudders and the cores for those who want to  make their own (is that
right Roger).  The rule as it now stands could make  these rudders subject to
protest and debate since this method does not lend  itself to closely imitating
the 49er blade.  I, for one, think we need to  clean this issue up in our
rules.

Any other items that need attention should be discussed in the next for  days
so we can get them on the ballot.