Re: Photos of the Swift for auction

To: "Roger Wright" <rowr@xxxxxxxxx>,<swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Photos of the Swift for auction
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:07:18 -0400
From your commercial experience do you have any idea of what the import
duties would be into the US?? Got any idea for transport costs to east or west coast US?

There are also a few other specific questions that I (and other people) will obviously want to know before I can bid. This info would all be good selling points to increase the price.
1) What is the total weight of the hull, as it is. Is anything non-standard and/or improved ? foam rails etc.

2) What has not been finished and would be needed (rudder cassette?) and what kind of deck gear (deluxe or with/out the adjusters and precourt fittings?? two part or one part mast?? plexus bonded mast track?? 49er or NYCSkiffs forestay fitting? Is there 1 or 2 part polyurethane on the hull or varnish ?

4) Are there pictures of the internal state of the boat before deck bonding. Can I get photos of the bottom, the topsides and the bow and transom and of any defects that I would have to refinish. Many people will follow the example of Bill S (I think) who put a timed camera inside the hull to check the deck bonding at the fitting stage, are any photos like that available? these would go very long way to reassuring that this is a great boat?

5) Is there anything specific to disclose about the structure or manufacture of the boat?
Sorry to ask so many questions but better to be sure than sorry.
Greg

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Wright" <rowr@xxxxxxxxx>