Re: AW: Aussie Swift taking shape

To: f.schliebitz@xxxxxx, steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: AW: Aussie Swift taking shape
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:17:51 EST
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Really good advice Felix.  Especially about vacuuming the dust  frequently
(no point in sanding fine dust into really fine dust).  Your  input is always
appreciated.  On the other hand, we need to get you back to  work on a Swift.
Get with it man!  We want to see you on the race  course.

With the epoxy/graphite powder on the bottom, I think wet sanding is the
real deal (no mask needed).  Start with 200 grit and a 2 1/2  x1/4"  Mahogany
long board that is the slightly long than your wet/dry paper  (14"). Wrap the
paper around the board and use plenty of water.  You  really don't want to
breath
this dust so vac it up when it dries on your  floor.  Keep going up in grade
of paper and finish with 1000 or 1200  grit.  It will look like a mirror and
will show where you need to do more  work.

A little reminder.  PURCHASE AND WEAR A GOOD DUST MASK for  dry sanding.  The
full face type that covers your eyes works best  (Fisheries Supply) because
it appears that some problems come through the  tear ducts.