plastic staples... Not so happy..

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: plastic staples... Not so happy..
From: Christian Rasmussen <Christian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 13:07:22 -0500
I dont think they are worth it....

- They make large holes.
- Colors dont match well. (defeating the point of using them)
- They easily make cross indentions (see picture) which takes forever to sand out, while maintaining a fair surface.
- And then there is the nucklebusting trying to get the deck/hull off the frames, which has already been described by others.

Do you own experimentation on some scrap  if you wish. I will sell you my staple gun and leftover staples cheap if you are still interested.

JPEG image