Re: Greg's idea of giving away his construction forms

To: aussieswift@xxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Greg's idea of giving away his construction forms
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 00:56:20 EDT
Steve,

It is really good for the class to have other sail makers and spar  builders
involved and we'll likely all learn a lot.
I spent the weekend with Jay Glaser who has made a lot of fast skiff sails
in the US in the past year or so and he is also making some Swift sails.   The
R&D is a long and expensive process and my hat's off to anyone who takes  on
this task.  We were very fortunate to get Banks to do the work for free  as we
went through many generations and modifications.  With sail  technology
evolving quickly now, I believe that someone will likely invent a  "better
mousetrap" in the near future.

Keep up the good work Steve.