Re: Rigging Questions

To: WFS03@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Rigging Questions
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:52:46 EDT
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 6/11/2007 5:55:23 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, WFS03
writes:

Bram,
Thank you for the suggestions.  I have been adjusting the halyard  lengths to
fine tune the sail positions.  The main halyard was on the  bottom rack hook,
so I know that I have to take up the head shackle a couple  of inches on the
halyard.

I have yet to tune the relativity setup and  determine the ideal position for
the jib on the forestay.  If it is too  high, the head board and luff catch
on  the mast on tacks.  What suggestions do you have for  location?

Bill,
Roberts answers are spot on. More cunningham will always make popping the
battens easier and do expect to pop them by grabbing the boom during gybes
with
the kite up and when tacking in light air.  Tacking the battens on  land with
no wind will require a hell of a yank on the  boom!

It's hard to get the jib too low on the forestay--especially using the
standard setup (I ended up putting a grommet in the jib tack to hook the
downhaul
in instead of the loop it comes with).  Otherwise, you will likely  always use
the lower hole in the clewboard.

Regarding the spin retrieval, do you recommend knots between the  patches to
assist with the douse?

Do use the knots but space them a bit further (18").  If they are too  far
apart, your kite headboard will not get down to the launcher throat.  I  like
the headboard knot for the kite to be just above the launcher  throat when the
kite is all the way in the sock.

Your boat looks great. It's remains really exciting to all of us to  see yet
another Swift hit the water.  How about some more  pictures?