RE: Unplugging a T Nut

To: "'Mark White'" <mwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"'Steve Nichols'" <aussieswift@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"'Swiftsolo'" <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Unplugging a T Nut
From: "Karl Schulmeisters" <karlsch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 19:11:56 -0700
I agree – get a tap of the right size, but go gently with it.  You might
consider taking a soldering iron to the center first – melting out until you
can see the threads clearly so that when you insert the tap you don’t end up
trying to create a new thread pattern.

If you cant fit the soldering iron tip into it, get some heavy gauge copper
wire, wrap it tightly around the soldering iron tip (while it is cold doh!)
then use the copper wire to melt through the epoxy.  You might even be able
to clear enough of it out this way to just use a machine screw as the tap

   _____