Fwd: Unplugging a T Nut

To: aussieswift@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: Unplugging a T Nut
From: wfs03@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 09:27:41 -0400
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: wfs03@xxxxxxx
To: aussieswift@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 9:25 am
Subject: Re: Unplugging a T Nut

Steve,

I have cleaned out epoxy from t-nut threads by first using a hand drill with a
bit slightly smaller than the threaded opening in the nut.? Being careful not
to cut the threads, you should be able to remove most of the epoxy with the
drill twists once you are through the nut with the bit.? Then hold the bit
without rotation and insert the bit in and out of the nut to gently scape as
much of the epoxy from the hole.? This may be sufficient to allow the screw to
be threaded into the nut and clean out the remaining epoxy.? You may try
warming the screw with a torch or butane lighter to make insertion through the
epoxy easier, but the heat does expand the screw slightly.? Using a tap to
clean the threads is tricky, as it wants to create new threads.? I hope this
helps and I am sure other Swift builders will offer their tricks.

Bill Scheumann
USA020 and USA040