Re: swift noob here

To: Matt Broughton <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: swift noob here
From: Keith Councell <keithcouncell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 15:07:57 -0800 (PST)
Matt,

  If you are interested in see a Swift Solo and are not able to make it to FL,
please let me know.

  I am out of Eufaula, AL but I keep my boat about 2 hours west of Atlanta just
inside of GA (Columbus, GA). If you are ever interested in going out and trying
it out please feel free to contact me.

  You will find all the guys in the Swift group will jump to help you out here
and there, all you have to do is ask.

  On sailing the boat, I came up from an Opti to sailing a Swift...
determination is a key word for me.

  Enjoy,
  Keith

Matt Broughton <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I'm in the process of selling my San Juan 21 due to not having anyone to sail
with.  I just got hitched this year and we found out real quickly that the wife
gets seasick and just generally does not enjoy being in a boat...so I've been
on the hunt for something that I can sail solo.

The swift seems right up my alley, and I've had a hankering to build my own
boat for the last 5 or 6 years.

I'm still 'on the fence' so to speak, but I have been starting to price things
out, I've read everything in full that I can find on the web (including the
catzooks site build blog)

Due to my location (Florence, SC), it's sometimes hard to find local sources of
materials, specifically wood.  While I appreciate the ease of ordering the
cedar strips, I'm not sure the wallet can handle the added cost.  What sort of
measurements should I look for in pricing the sheet/raw cedar to strip?

I realize that many questions will be answered in 'the book' once I finally
make that jump...but until my current boat sells I can only lurk and read
others adventures.

-Matt