Re: A Swift Solo Warning for those rigging

To: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: A Swift Solo Warning for those rigging
From: swiftsolo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:20:19 -0500
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=XFt3d3wMe0ZRkQD9T7ofLPZAEf1gqnARQKnYfraO4gI=; b=NQiGfxSBxN7nxXm+BF7KkAne5EW1udr2jJsA6rHaYcdvH/mWQH6jGt9AsQvkftIGpBvM/7F5mSqWudvoigbnAruWiTKZ2qvgZSYZilhpyAJOOoQ0+VEgwREfcnmd3kJYeN1Q3KSrmxUVBUj+aAlS6QQW5OPT4MHZc/tiPrN6x1w=
yeah, I did look into the getting custom track, but the mast is in the way
to use a track that has the right radius. So it would need
to be a special track which is flat in the middle, or I can move the track
ends forward (pain). Thats why I opted to try the other simpler idea first.

Since on most race course (windward/leeward) you don't do  much broad
reaching I haven't found the outer limit of the jib range to be
an issue. If I do go for a broad reach I just release the "relativity" a few
inches. Downwind there is no pressure in the jib anyway.

Anyway, just trying to make this piece of exercise equipment even better.

Christian