RE: Fort Desoto informal discussion on class growth--please respond

To: "'S/V Pyxis'" <pyxisyacht@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"'ryoalty'" <ryoalty@xxxxxxxxx>,<BDally6107@xxxxxxx>,<SwiftSolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Fort Desoto informal discussion on class growth--please respond
From: "Ron Radko" <ron_radko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:33:59 -0700
By the way, from doing the import on a Musto Skiff, I think you would be
challenged to be able to get the whole boat done for 10k.  It would be very
cool if you could, but I suspect that you would be looking more at around 15k
if you do a quality build.    You have the build of the hull, and the supply of
the other components, plus you have the time to put it all together and rig the
boat which is substantial labor.   Iâm not an expert on the building, and so
on, but you also wonât have the volume to get massively efficient on the
build costs of the hull.  You might be able to put together a ready to assemble
kit, which has everything built, and needing to be put together though.

Kind Regards,

Ron