Re: chain plate

To: "Cunningham, Patrick J" <patrick.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: chain plate
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 18:12:21 -0400
Cc: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Be careful using PBO for shrouds folks. It degrades quickly in light. The
recommendation that it is to be stored in darkness in the shop before you
buy it speaks to me: I leave my boat rigged on the beach.
Pat, PBO braid can be bought from apsltd.com in Annapolis (and many other
sources).
I have never seen it as a woven material. I thought when you said you had
designed your cherub you had built it with PBO and that you had tried
Vectran and found it to be OKish. Then I thought I didn't have the slightest
idea why you would be putting these materials in the lay-up of anything
"walked on or slammed on" and still don't. Why don't you email me if I can
help, but off the swift BB.
Greg