Re: Hello to all

To: randyw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Hello to all
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:02:14 EDT
Cc: gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx
Randy,

Just a note about the list.  I think all of us (and especially me) are
accustomed to hitting the "reply" icon when we respond to email.  Very  often
we
think we're replying to the list when we're not (we forget about the  "reply to
all" icon).

Based on past experience, I think you can expect to spend 9 months to a  year
on this project.  Some have completed it much faster, however, with a  full
time job and a family, I'd plan it that way.

As for cost, some of our more clever builders are making many of their  own
parts (forestay fittings, vang arms and levers, spreaders and mainsheets
bases, just to mention a few) and saving a significant amount of  money.  Their
are
several PDF's on the website and will likely be more  in the future regarding
making these parts.  If you have some experience  this is a good place to
spend some time to save some money.

Guys chime in here with your own experience ("reply all").  Those  who are
getting near completion or completed, what are your thoughts?