Re: Centerboard trunk building primer?

To: WFS03@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Centerboard trunk building primer?
From: Warren Stevens <warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:08:42 -0700
Cc: christian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: Warren Stevens <warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Bill, these pictures are great, thanks for posting them (I was
actually going to ask for someone to do this, just because it makes it
so much easier to describe what's going on).  They have caused me to
think up a few more questions:

1) It looks like you have multiple pieces on top of the sides at the
mast step -- two, correct?  (on my hull it looks like 2 will fit)
2) in the actual c/b trunk, it looks like the 3/4" pieces have been
bonded in.  Is that right, or do you have additional hybrid "caps" at
the front and back of the trunk? (ie. inside those caps, the 3/4"
pieces are there)
3) Tom had installed the 1" thick block on the bottom?  Without
cutting out the hole in the hull?  (I wonder how he was going to find
the block later when he did cut the hole..)  If the trunk had been
true, could you have drilled through the block to find the right
location?
4) once the c/b trunk is installed, what is the best way to cut the
right hole in the hull for the blocks?  What are other people doing
for this?

Again, thanks for everyone's help.  It's these moments during
construction that I like to ensure I understand *exactly* what I'm
trying to do. ;-)  (I actually dreamed about c/b trunks last night...)

Warren

--
warren stevens - catzooks.com