Centerboard trunk building primer?

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Centerboard trunk building primer?
From: Warren Stevens <warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:16:05 -0700
Sender: Warren Stevens <warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Has anyone written (or would like to write) a centerboard trunk
building primer?  Here are my questions:

1) Can you assemble the pieces and then drop it into the hull?  Or is
it better to assemble it in place?
2) I assume everything is bonded together with 405 fillets.  Should I
use 1" tape on the insides and/or outsides?
3) The two 3/4" pieces the inserts screw into are bonded in with 4200,
correct? (i.e. they need to be removable later)
4) Should the forward end be bonded to station 6? (I have to assume
so...)
5) Any hints on cutting the hole in hull for the insert (getting it
positioned correctly and perfectly straight)?

Any other hints and tips?

Thanks for all your help.

Warren

--