re: boom

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: re: boom
From: rowr@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:41:13 -0800
Another thing about the outhaul rack, you will need to drill holes in
whichever one you get, to connect it to the boom, because you use the same
holes for mounting the rack and for the pivoting block which hangs down from
the boom.

Drilling holes in stainless can be a real challenge. A few things to remember
about it, use a really sharp drill and use cutting fluid to keep it cool. As
soon as stainless gets hot it work hardens and then it is really tough to
drill through.

Roger

Quoting rowr@xxxxxxxxx: