Re: Portsmouth number

To: rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx, keithcouncell@xxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Portsmouth number
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:56:33 EST

In a message dated 3/15/2006 4:49:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I think  Bram has been using 80 for the DP-N. I'm not sure what he is using
for the other ranges. The Musto has a provisional rating of 80 as  well.
You could probably take the same values as the 505 (   80    82.4    81
79.8     78)
or if you want to pad things a bit, you could use the the I14  numbers
(    85.4    86.9     85.6    84.2    84.1). The numbers are DP-N, BN0-1,
BN2-3,  BN4, and
BN5-9 respectively.

That's pretty good information Ron as a world class 505 sailor can give the
Swift a go.

As for the I14 portsmouth numbers, any 80 year old who can keep a new  rules
I14 upright half of the time will win any portsmouth regatta with  those
numbers.  They've not changed since the boat was a single trapeze  boat with
35%
less sail area.  I'm continually try to shame these  guys for sandbagging for
at
least 7 years.