A message from Dave Ellis about Fort Desoto

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: A message from Dave Ellis about Fort Desoto
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:57:17 EDT
Bram
The 505 guys want to know if you folks would like to have your Fort  DeSoto,
Florida regatta with them at their Midwinters. This would make the costs  less
(they have the insurance, boats, RC gear, etd.) I run their regatta for  them.
Their dates are February 8-10, 2008.
Give it thought.
Dave Ellis

There was no proposal for next years NA's presented at the AGM.   Clearly,
the event needs to go back to the eastern half of the country next  year.
We're
trying to get an idea of the level of interest there  is in having the NA's
back at Fort Desoto or if their is another venue in the  east that needs to be
considered?  It's time to hear from  everyone who is interested in attending
this event or has a proposal for another  venue.

Fort Desoto would be a hassle free event with the RC already in place  in a
known great location!  As stated before, we would likely ship the  NW boats
down and back by truck.  If there is enough interest in the  NE we could
possibly
do the same thing there.  We could have our clinic  before this event and
could measure the boats of those who show up early (we  need to develop our
control sample and train some measurers for the various  regions--soon).