Re: Class web site

To: Robert Harper <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Class web site
From: ryoalty <ryoalty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 16:17:31 -0800 (PST)
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Robert,

  Is there any reason to move away from the Wordpress platform?

  Wordpress is a very successful "community" oriented software.  And it's close
to zero cost as software.  The hosting averages around 10 to 15 bucks a month
for the bandwidth.

  Wordpress supports alot of GADGETS as well.  For example, the interactive
google map with sail number locations.  Anyone can make a profile and sign in,
use the web portal to make posts, and to add files/images.  The
administrator(s) approve posts and content daily.

  That's a good model to operate from.  Right?  This is my own wordpress blog.
For my two cents, wordpress is the best and only thing we should be using.

  http://townmouse.wordpress.com/

  David

Robert Harper <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  OK I've done some work on putting together a new class web site. I tried
to transfer the original site created by Al but somewhere along the way,
communiction broke down. Since I had to move on, there is a new site at
www.swiftsolo.com. I am currently paying for the site and the domain name.
Take a look and send me your comments.

On thing I'm not too keen on bringing back is the forum. Whenever we moved
discussions from the mailing list to the forum, the topic would die there.
There is still a lot of work to be done and with your help, it can better
serve your needs.

Please, please, please, if you have photo's of your boat either under
construction or on the water and would like to share, send them in. If you
have a MySpace page or some other page where you are showing off your
work, send me that as well. I think the home builders are the strength of
the class and what makes a Swift Solo so great. I'd like to show the world
how great we all are.

For those on the water, keep your stick in the air. And for those in the
shop, keep that sawdust flying. Florida is only a short time away. Before
you know it, it will be time for sunny beaches, three sail reaches, and a
cold one shared with freinds.
--
Live large, love lots, and sail fast!
The mark of who you are is determined by what you do when you don't have