Re: Class web site

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxx, rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Class web site
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:25:16 EST
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Christian and others,
I had this same conversation last night and agree with Christian.   There is
far too much emphasis placed on bells and whistles and far too little  placed
on getting needed new content to both our members and prospective  members.
Interactive sites are great entertainment for young people but tend to
degenerate to the lowest common denominator rather quickly. Like boat shows,
you  end
up not being able to sort the tire kickers from high performance sailors (or
those who want to learn).

The format Robert has chosen allows the site to be handed off to  anyone who
knows how to turn on a computer.  It takes 10 minutes to learn  the system
(most of that is learning how to get to the editor).  This  mailing list has
proven to be an excellent means of interactive  communication and encourages
people to share information better than anything  I've seen to date.  I think
we
all need to get better at making sure that  the Subject line reflects the
content of our email.  I've  been one of the worst offenders and intend to
change my
ways.

Remember, the new site is just that.  Brand new.  It will  continue to get
better over time.