Re: CB ARGUMENT.PDF

To: robert@xxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CB ARGUMENT.PDF
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:52:02 EDT
Robert and class,

I suggest that we grandfather any longer boards and make them exempt.   By
simply submitting a picture in the next few days of boards already  completed
with a tape measure placed on the board, we can deal with this problem  (boards
that exceed 55").

As you can see in the Pdf, if we increase the length much beyond 55" the
entire purpose of the amendment will be lost. The problem of  destroying vang
arms and mainsail cheeks in heavy air will not be reduced at all  unless the
board is short enough that, with it pulled up the maximum  safe amount, you can
sail to water shallow enough to jump in and  control the boat.  By "maximum
safe
amount" I mean the highest point at  which an inadvertent tack of gybe could
be completed without destroying the vang  arm or sail cheeks.