Re: CB ARGUMENT.PDF

To: drrld@xxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CB ARGUMENT.PDF
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:55:23 EDT
Rob,

The intent is to grandfather one blade (as far as I can tell) and that is
Robert's current blade.  He would not be able to sail in Swift Solo Class
events with any other blade that was longer than the class rule.   Grandfather
clauses on minor things in sailing typically have a shelf life of a  couple of
years.

It could be that we have 15 other Swift builders rushing  to build long
blades as we speak so that they can get their pictures in  within the time
limit.
>From a practical perspective, their blades are  likely to fall under the self
correcting problem category unless they are doing  the kind of extensive R&D
that is being done in a couple of classes in  one or two locations.  A picture
of the plan form would keep these devious  thinkers from later changing to the
design that is proving to be very  fast.  Somehow, I have doubt that many are
working on such blades.