Re: protection patches

To: drrld@xxxxxxx, warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: protection patches
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 14:35:02 EDT
Cc: swiftsolo-return-1114-drrld=cei.net@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob and others,

You should have a deck plan with actual pictures of the parts in question
installed.  If you didn't receive that please let me know as it will  eliminate
any question about what part goes where.  Along with the picture  of the part,
it gives the exact measurement of the location.  That plan  does not have
information like part numbers, manufacturer, or country of  origin because
those
things become irrelevant with pictures.  You just pick  the part out of the
parts kit that matches the picture.

All wood pieces (like the bevel blocks for the cleats and toe rails  are
bonded with epoxy to the deck)  I do recommend the  use of screws to hold them
in
place and tight while the  epoxy cures.

The other blocks that are attached to the deck need backing plates that are
big enough to hold the tee nuts with about 1/2 margin around the  edges.  On
most wood cored boats, they would simply use wood screws with no  backing
plates but we are trying to build boats that will remain competitive  for a
very
long time and therefore there is some overkill in virtually  every design
detail.

I hope this helps.