Re: protection patches

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: protection patches
From: "Roger Wright" <rowr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 20:15:21 -0600
I must echo Bram's comments about the beefed up patches under the spin retreival and launch blocks. When you have capsized with the spinnaker up, you have to get it into the sock before trying to right the boat. To do this, you sometimes need to apply all the force possible to the spin halyard to get it in. If I had known how much force I was going to apply to those blocks, I probably would have made some solid hybrid sheets to use as the backing plates.

Roger
CAN 048

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>