Re: non skid pattern

To: Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: non skid pattern
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:12:17 EST
Mark,

Don't do it.  Let someone else be the crash test  dummy.  We've tried a
number of alternatives including sand and some kind  of micro spheres and each
has
failed.  This is a very big issue and if you  get it wrong, your experience
will be frustrating as hell.  Some of the  alternatives will eat your wetsuit
in
just a day and others will have you  skating around the boat like a
skateboard.  At least initially, I'd advise  you to stick with the proven
stuff.

No need for footstraps on the Swift because of the gunwale angles.   They are
the leading cause of injuries on other skiffs.  We'll show  you a video of
what happens when you get to Florida.