Re: non skid pattern

To: bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: non skid pattern
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:21:19 EST
I should probably have written a bit more about this in my original  post.
Let me back up.

I know that all new builders will, at first, not want to put non skid on
their new boat.  Eventually, when they see a Swift without it they will  view
it
as a skiff that has not been completed.  Skiffs have non  skid.  Coffee tables
do not.

I have one Swift with an alternative non skid that is clear.  It does  not
work (still too slippery) and it does not allow the non skid to bond to it  as
well.  Plus, the non clear non skid makes the finish of the boat between  the
non skid strips look poor / milky.

Second,  Last year we had a new Swift with no non skid at Fort  Desoto.  I
tried to sail the boat and wanted out of it after 30  seconds.  It simply was
not usable.

Third,  we had a famous green 49er in Seattle that Bates McKee used  Sex Wax
on.  It looked like a pig sty because dirt stuck  to the stuff and you could
not remove either the dirt or the Sex  Wax with anything but really harsh
chemicals.  For several years, he sailed  this really ugly / dirty green 49er.

My fear is that one of our new builders will show up with their new boat
again this year and not be able to sail it because they underestimated the
importance of this issue.  LISTEN TO ROBERT.  You guys are giving me
indigestion
(couldn't be the third piece of pumpkin pie)

By the way, has anybody tried bubble gum or contact cement?