Re: non skid pattern

To: <BDally6107@xxxxxxx>,<swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: non skid pattern
From: "Mark White" <Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:25:08 -0700
  From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
  To: Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2005 9:12 AM

  Mark,

  Don't do it.  Let someone else be the crash test dummy.  We've tried a number
of alternatives including sand and some kind of micro spheres and each has
failed.  This is a very big issue and if you get it wrong, your experience will
be frustrating as hell.  Some of the alternatives will eat your wetsuit in just
a day and others will have you skating around the boat like a skateboard.  At
least initially, I'd advise you to stick with the proven stuff.

  No need for footstraps on the Swift because of the gunwale angles.  They are
the leading cause of injuries on other skiffs.  We'll show you a video of what
happens when you get to Florida.