Re: This ain't fair!!!

To: f.schliebitz@xxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: This ain't fair!!!
From: WFS03@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:32:44 EST

Felix,
The plastic staples used on the deck strips worked out better that I had
expected.  A Stanley Tool pull saw worked well to cut the staples between  the
stations and the hull with minimal saw marks on the cedar.  More damage  was
done to my knuckles by the glue drips.  The saw marks were easily  removed
during
the sanding.  The poly staples do a great job of holding the  strips to the
forms while glassing and sanding.  The key factor in the  sanding outcome is
keeping the sand paper sharp and use as little pressure as  possible.  Get the
excess glue off with a sure-form or dual-blade paint  scraper before it clogs
up the paper.  Buy top quality sand paper, as the  good stuff clogs less and
lasts longer.  I use an orbital with vacuum  attachment for the big areas when
sanding with the 220 and above disks.   This keeps the dust down and keeps the
clogging to a minimum.  Wet sanding  to 2000 gives you a mirror like finish.
That's my two cents on making  sanding dust.

Bill Scheumann
USA020 and USA040

In a message dated 1/7/06 7:54:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,