Re: centerboard trunk tips

To: <dardirmy@xxxxxxx>,<swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: centerboard trunk tips
From: Dave Lindsey <lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:53:55 -0800
Darius,

    I have not been working on my boat for sometime now. In fact, just today
I cleaned-up my garage to begin work again. The hard part is getting my head
back into it.

    I have seen many interesting and creative methods to install the trunk.
Without knowledge of the other ways here is how I did mine; the hull was
set-up on the shop floor and made level using a laser. I hung a plumb-bob
from the ceiling and split a laser line with the plumb-bob to establish a
vertical. A piece of 2X2 was inserted into the trunk slot which extend out
of the trunk by 2 ­ 3 feet. I projected a line down the centre of the boat
bisecting the piece of wood. The trunk was bonded to this position.

    Later I plan to drill through the guide tubes in the trunk and use these
to draw the insert blocks up to the hull to cut the hull.

    I hope this works.

    Dave Lindsey, CAN 046