Re: Re: building the centerboard

To: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: building the centerboard
From: "Warren Stevens" <warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:59:46 -0800
Cc: Swiftsolo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=NBkUjjDNYSdIf5jPdSWUo6iqpm+4e6faeYzbNyDJjcpqS6HhXE4II0YYHkmEetgLQ7JrZcZy0UTfo0V72dVirB8YkZsojXksxKulll5ot3lrZMXRMi7ZV18OywNORgY68x39aURsuIOpXpmnK1f1i8zh0xNQfbGlMvE5+VZvxwA=
Sender: warren.stevens@xxxxxxxxx
I did the clamping with an eye to ensuring that if there was any
"slipping" it would cause things to tighten up against the leading
edge - but in all the heaving to get a decent clamp I may have forced
it off.  My assistant checked the leading edge and couldn't see any
spots where it wasn't tight, so it seems ok.  Time will tell, I
suppose.

One of the problems was the blank itself bows under the weight of the
layup - the ends would fit correctly, but the centre of the blank was
bowed in around 1/8".

I added a post on swiftsolo.com.

Warren