Re: AGM matters

To: "Robert Harper" <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: AGM matters
From: "Kerem Kirkpinar" <email.kerem@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 23:53:04 +0800
Cc: swiftsolo.catzooks.com <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=CSOSwF7I2cexApfJVFWUMiV0e0ZBv9Dw77zJsWn0oLY=; b=nVuYnetzybYq4IRmvjQw17mdpvfrs/pSixvkkAxg4Mq601r841jnrD+Pw1tDOHG4j7JS3gK+7VRsxx9hsn1CqT5qZKDuisQgh6g+slWlt4gF2YjQ9T4qcxY3EnSf0ik39A/QL/cky5BcIRWUMOfmx85zfR6dSdAz7EljyMVJcp4=
Traitor here. Few words from my perspective...

Situation changed such that rather than semi-retirement and happy swift
building / sailing I've been dealt a promo & relocation to a location where
it will be immensely difficult for me to build the swift so guess what I
ended up doing. Ordered a Bladrider flat out. Cost similar to or higher than
the SwiftSolo cost, wait time just 3 months, nicely in time for the season.
By the way, I ordered # 188... That is 187 new boats in the class in under a
year!

Moral of the story, there must be hundreds of people like me around the
world who have time barely to sail and not much else and yet would love to
own and sail a SwiftSolo. I do think the class needs an alternative growth
avenue. I am not advocating plastic hulls etc. I think the design and
construction rules are great and should remain as they are. Simply
advocating the need to pull together to find a way to churn out at least
couple boats a month on order from folk like me... I am sure class would
grow faster, Bram would get more royalties which he could then use to invest
in more r/d such as breaking spreader-less masts etc. Total win win outcome.

And finally, "I will be back!" ... This is a slight deviation. Keep well and
enjoy the regatta. I wish I could be there!