AGM matters

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: AGM matters
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:53:20 EDT
Swift Sailors,
The following are suggestions I'd like to make to the  Swift  Solo Exec Comm.
and the class in general.
With the AGM coming up soon, there will be some issues we need to  discuss.
We'll need to talk the Exec Committee into allowing new items on  the agenda
at the meeting (as provided for in the rules).

I'd like to propose that the current officers be re-elected for one more
term.  It has been a very short year and we are just now getting the  officers
elected last summer up to speed.  Both Chris Wickham and  Warren Stevens are
just getting their boats wet.

I'd also like to propose an unofficial approach of getting all  of our
officers to work their way through the chairs.  Next year we  would be electing
new treasurer and all of the existing officers would move up  a position.  This
is an approach that is used in many business  organizations.  It creates
continuity.  We will need to get  some East Coast guys on the EC.

We need to talk about getting our Canadian Swift  sailors officially
organized and what we can do to help.  One of  the things to consider is the
possibility of a unified North American Swift Solo  Association.

We need to have a serious discussion about the supply of boats and where we
want to go with the class and class growth.

As class measurer, I have a couple of items in the rules that I would like
to clarify and /or add.

This past year has been a good one as we continue to see steady growth  and
everyone is having a good time.  I look forward to seeing you  guys.

Home.