Re: AGM matters

To: "swiftsolo.catzooks.com" <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: AGM matters
From: "Robert Harper" <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:27:17 -0600
Andy your comments are well known and have been at the heart of the discussion from the first time we all gathered together. I have no intention of making the ownership of a Swift to be an exclusive proposition. I would just like to protect the ability for an average builder to be able to produce a competative boat should he decide to go that route. I'd like to keep it so that you don't get caught up into the SMOD idea of the MPS. It is great for the MPS and the RSnnnn boats but I'd prefer not to see it in the Swift. We also have to find a way to cheeply produce boats by whatever means that almost any comercial builder could produce boats from a licenced mold but at the same time, the home builder can produce a similar quality boat that will show little if any difference on the water. Then there is the whole who ultimately owns the plugs and the molds and many other issues to sort out. Finding a good balance from all of this will be one of the biggest hurdles the class will probably have to get over.

Right now I am open to all suggestions but I will only be pigheaded on keeping a place at the table for the home build.

--
Live large, love lots, and sail fast!
The mark of who you are is determined by what you do when you don't have to do it.