CLASS RULES

To: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: CLASS RULES
From: Harveynestor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:58:14 EST
Bram:

       Thank you for your reply to my e-mail concerning the "license"
referred to in the rules and their proposed changes, the royalty, and the
license
agreement.  I have attached your answer to this e-mail.

       Unfortunately, the understanding I thought we had gained was only a
misunderstanding, so we will have to continue trying to achieve understanding.

     As Rob's e-mail asks, "On page 7 of the manual you state, 'You can build
as many strip built boats off of your plans and template patterns as you want
as long as you pay the $300.00 fee and $75 registration for each boat.'...Is
the $300.00 a licensing fee and the $75.00 ... an additional registering fee?
With our initial $575.00 these fees are all covered...And the $200.00 was for
the plans?"

     This would all make sense in light of the e-mail you posted this morning
that stated, "To make sure that we are on the same page:  a 'bootlegged' boat
is one which has been built without paying the $300.00 license fee prior to
bonding the hull and deck."

     But now you tell me, "The license agreement is a written acknowledgment
that a builder understands and agrees that he has paid the fee for one boat
only.  If he builds subsequent boats without paying the fee he will not be able
to claim ignorance when one of the buyers of his bootlegged boats is refused a
license.  The liability for his misconduct will be his and not ISSA's."
"Refused a license", so again WHAT IS THE LICENSE IF IT IS NOT WHAT HAS BEEN
PURCHASED WITH THE $300.00 FEE?

       Please do not be shy.  Post your answer so everyone can read it.
Apparently I am not the only one who does not understand this.

     Eldon

Subj:   Re: CLASS RULES
The license agreement is a written acknowledgment that a builder understands
and agrees that he has paid the fee for one boat only.  If he builds
subsequent boats without paying the fee he will not be able to claim ignorance
when one
of the buyers of his bootlegged boats is refused a license.  The liability
for his misconduct will be his and not ISSA's.

A side Note (Warren Please read this):  Somehow Eldon, when I hit "reply all"
and respond to your posts it is now showing my responses as if they were
generated by your email address.  Sorry for that.  I either need to learn
something or something is wrong.