Re: CLASS RULES

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: CLASS RULES
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:06:56 -0500
I got some comments on my last post concerning "Proof".  Closing of the hull
has to happen before the boat can be sailed. It's the one event we can be
fairly certain about. You would have to butcher the boat to get it open again.
How would a photo prove the date? Of course you could include a newspaper,
we've all seen it at the movies. Maybe that is what Bram had in mind. My
suggestion would be that since we all get an ISAF plaque how about including
this plaque or a Registration plaque from the ISSA under the glass
reinforcement and between the Deck and the Transom joint. This special
registration plaque should be visible inside through the rear port and outside
at the top pof the transom and clearly be seen to go through the joint.
Shouldnt be too hard to arrange? Has anyone got a better ides to enforce
Registration before the hull is closed. Lets hear them!
Greg
Swift Solo -- Rose