Re: Cedar Strips

To: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Cedar Strips
From: Keith <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 12:33:31 -0700
Cc: Michael.Pollard@xxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
I found that it was easier to use 5/4 corner boards. Better selection.

There is an issue with duty on cedar sometimes from Canada. Although that may be off now with a recent ruling. It was 28%.

Last fall for VMG, I priced out having a local milling shop with vintage machines, mill strips. They have a small molding machine that works like the big milling machine that takes a single beam and outputs "tongue and grove" in a single pass. Their cost was substantially lower once the knives were made. Under .20. And very clean. All 16's.

I dropped it for the obvious reason. I didn't want to take it on alone and VMG went poof.

Keith
Kanaka Creek Boatworks, Ltd