RE: Swift Solo Building costs

To: "'Greg Ryan'" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>,"'Steve Nichols'" <nic173@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"'Swiftsolo'" <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Swift Solo Building costs
From: "Robert Harper" <robert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:30:47 -0600
Disposition-notification-to: "Robert Harper" <robert@iat-cti.com>
For what it's worth, I don't like using MDF because I find the staples back
out easily. I prefer particle board for the staples but it is not as durable
when you side load it. Don't move it much and don't snag your pants on the
wings before the strips are on and you'll be OK. One thing you can do to
make the staples hold better and your forms last longer is to work epoxy
into the edges. Cover the edges with a plastic tape to keep the glue from
the strips from adhering to the forms and your skiff will come off the mold
easier. Duct tape or strapping tape works great.

One other note for staple removal is if you have access to a lot of the
plastic bands that they use to hold crates and refrigerator cases together,
you can lay that out over the strips following the forms and staple through
the band. Then when the glue is dry and you are ready to pull the staples,
you simply pull on the bands and remove most of the staples in short order.
If not I have found that a chisel works best.

Robert S. Harper

Information Access Technology, Inc.

  _____