Re: Swift Solo Building costs

To: Steve Nichols <nic173@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Swift Solo Building costs
From: Robert Harper <rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:56:30 -0600
Cc: Swiftsolo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Remember that this is probably the most important part as well. If you get the stations squared up well and lined up correctly, then the finished hull will be true and measure well. A good base makes a good finish.

Keep the sawdust flying and post some photos as you progress. It is good to see someone else's progress for those in the construction phase.

Steve Nichols wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions guys.
My next job is to epoxy the templates as it gets really humid here in Summer.It will be good epoxy practice for a novice as well. I actually ended up using a jig saw to cut particleboard templates as my skills using a router with a template bit are not good as yet. As Greg pointed out I also bought MDF which was too thin as well. I will probably use this to square & stabilise the templates on the stongback.
Some good ideas about the staples there. I will investigate.
At least now I have finished the templates it feels like I am really into the hull construction phase.
Steve

-- Don't be good. Have lots of fun. Sail fast, live large, and love life. Robert Harper