Toe Rail Channel Suggestions

To: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Toe Rail Channel Suggestions
From: "Rob DesMarais, D.C." <drrld@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 11:24:17 -0600
For those routing the toe rail channel and glassing it.  I found duct tape
to be a poor choice in getting the strip out after the epoxy dries.  I also
think (will do on toe rail #2) allowing the 2" strip of glass to harden over
the strip and than placing it into the groove will make it easier to do and
remove.

Thirdly, if you have to chisel it out and break it off in pieces, taking the
allen wrench from your delta bench sander and grinding the small end down to
a chisel point, and than hammering it into the cedar strip, will break it
off in pieces and you can pull it out with a pair of pliers.

Rob