Re: Vang Fabrication

To: <WFS03@xxxxxxx>, <BDally6107@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Vang Fabrication
From: "rowr" <rowr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:29:02 -0500
Cc: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  From: WFS03@xxxxxxx
  To: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
  Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 4:34 PM
  Subject: Vang Fabrication

  Bram,
  I have fabricated the basic pieces for the vang following the 05/28/04
Rigging Manual.  I recall that you sent an email to everyone in June '04 saying
that there were some changes in the measurements per VMG.  Please let me know
if the plans in the Rigging Manual PDF posted on the Swift-Solo Web site are
the correct measurements, before I drill holes in the wrong places.

  Do you still have the drilling templates for the mast hardware available?

  Also, the sides of my vang arm are currently 1.5" wide (see below) as I used
a 2x6 to make the mandrel.  What width do you recommend?  Thanks.

  Bill Scheumann