Re: Vang Fabrication

To: <WFS03@xxxxxxx>,<BDally6107@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Vang Fabrication
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:54:12 -0400
Cc: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Bill, sorry I'm a bit confused with what you are planning. I see you didn't get
a reply so here is a drawing of the NYC Skiffs Vang Collar that I made for Rob.
My light weight vang levers are around 5/16 thick (alum honeycomb core)  so I
can hinge them with 1/4"X5/16 barrel nuts so that the bearing surface is smooth
and has a reasonable diameter.  Also, the hardware at the base of the masts I
rig are made removable (not riveted) so that the vang collar can be removed,
without drama, if necessary.

As for hard to get (or expensive parts like sized seamless SS tube), NYC Skiffs
has quite a few vang pivots with 3/16 diam pin holes, made in a batch (8 left)
that I would be happy to sell. I also have the makings of the Vang collar if
you would like to use my design but build it yourself, (I have the central
carbon tube and the carbon end pieces with the 316 SS bushing tube installed).
If people are having trouble getting the SS parts, the ring pull pin and the
adhesive backed HMWPE shims, I can supply them if you are buying a made collar
or the other parts as fixings. Lastly, NYC skiffs parts are usually coated with
2pt LPU white to protect them.

Bill give me a call or email me at Greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  or  sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
if I can be of help.

Greg