Re: Class Rules Opinions please

To: "Steve Nichols" <aussieswift@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Swiftsolo" <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Class Rules Opinions please
From: "Mark White" <mwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:44:19 -0600
Steve,

How's the swift coming, haven't seen any pictures lately.  I haven't had any
problems launching or dousing with the pole.  I did change the spin block on
the top of the mast, and added a small piece of material about 3/16" thick to
the mast to keep the block off the mast.  I found with pressure on the halyard,
the sheave in the block would otherwise jamb the rope against the mast creating
a great deal of friction.  Now it sets and doused effortlessly.  If the
attaching point on the mast head for the spin block protruded a little further
it would be great.  Not sure of the lengths or diameters but I will measure the
next time I am at the lake.