Re: staple removal

To: keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: staple removal
From: WFS03@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:16:59 EDT
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Keith,
There is a staple gun available that shoots polyester staples which  are
light brown in color.  You simply sand off the tops and thus the holes  are
already filled.  The hull or deck is then cut off of the forms from  below with
razor blade, once the s-glass has been installed.  This  technique was used in
building USA020.  For anyone interested, contact me  for the distributor's
address.

Alternatively, the builder in Belgium claims to have built his Swift-Solo
without using any staples or screws to hold the strips in place.  I would  be
interested in learning more about the technique.

Bill Scheumann
USA020 and USA040

In a message dated 9/18/05 11:18:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,