Re: staple removal

To: "Mark White" <Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Mark Boehnke" <mboehnke@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: staple removal
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:29:00 -0400
Actually I just did my deck with very few staples, only in the two central
strips under the mast step and the center rail and in the other strips at
stations 1, 2 and 3. The rest are not really under stress. Stations 2-3 will
have the throat and a band of glass and trim paint covering most of them.
Station 1 is covered by paint and goop, it is near enough to the back of the
forestay fitting.

If you are worried about holding things in shape glue some nubs (with holes) on
the underside of the sheet of strips and pull them towards the station
templates with string wound around a drywall screw into the template. Turn the
screw to apply force through the string to keep the sheet of strips in the
right place while you glass the top surface. It will not move much after that.
Same technique can be done with the hull.
Greg