Re: staple removal

To: <BDally6107@xxxxxxx>,<keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<WFS03@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: staple removal
From: "Greg Ryan" <gregoryrryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:54:55 -0400
Cc: <Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
  To: keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; WFS03@xxxxxxx
  Cc: Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 11:29 AM

  In the end, this gets a little too anal for me.  I would not give up 10
minutes of sailing time in exchange for having no filled staple holes in my
Swifts.  With experience, it takes about 10 hours to completely strip the hull
and about 14 hours for the deck.  I would expect that you would have to
quadruple the number of hours to go stapleless.

  Remember, some homeowners pay big money to have hardwood floor installers
place fake plugs in their hardwood floor to make them look like they we screwed
down instead of blind nailed.  Staple holes help minimize the number of people
who ask "how did you get that wood pattern look?  Is it Formica?"