Re: Regatta schedule

To: lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Regatta schedule
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 00:38:54 EDT
David,

Good to hear from you.

The breakwater at Shilshole is too hard for newcomers and the weather is  too
variable.  During a 10 day event you would expect every wind condition  from
becalmed to 20 knots and big waves.

Port Townsend would be a better location in Washington but deep water makes
the logistics difficult.  Without a RC that has experience in setting marks
in deep water and big tides, we'd spend most of the day waiting.

Huntington is indeed quite a distance away but the moderate winds are the
most dependable on the west coast and the location is second to none for sight
seeing.  Also, the water is warm (even though it is at  7000').  We'll spend
some time working together locally before the regatta  if you'd like.

Also, if you've sent me any email that I've not responded to, please send  it
again.  Several things have caused some issues with my AOL DSL and I'm  just
not certain I've answered everybody.